Company Directorships, Governance & Administration
Staples Rodway Auckland provides a full suite of services to assist with company governance and administration, including providing professional and independent Directors. We have been providing governance services for decades and have Directors with a wealth of business and governance experience across businesses of all sizes and industries.
The role of Company Director
The role of external Company Directors is to:
- offer fresh thinking and provide additional skills and knowledge
- encourage accountability and transparency
- reduce risk for the company and other Directors
- consider the strategic vision for the company
- have extensive networks to help the company grow
Despite not being involved in the day to day management of the company, Directors can still be subject to prosecution, fines and even imprisonment if there are accidents or financial issues. Because of this, being a Director means that there should be active engagement and commitment of time to ensure that the Director’s duties are properly carried out, matters are fully considered and risks are properly managed.
Improve Governance to accelerate Performance
Company Directors are just one part of company governance. As companies grow in size, demands increase from stakeholders, financiers and regulators. The design of appropriate governance structures to support business owners and operational management is therefore vital. Key points to be decided when reviewing governance matters include:
- Composition of the Board of Directors
- Reviews of Board Performance
- Advisory Board memberships
- Audit committee members
- Strategic reviews of business activities
- Reviews of Management performance and alignment to strategic objectives
Advisory board members generally operate as mentors, and may attend Board meetings as an independent advisor to a Board.