Audit, Assurance & Risk Management
Staples Rodway has a strong reputation for providing quality independent audit, assurance and risk management services. Whether to meet legal requirements, or satisfy the needs of financiers, shareholders or other stakeholders, our clients value not only the robust assurance our services provide, but also our pragmatic and commercial approach, which seeks to add value and improve business performance.
Our dedicated audit team is committed to maintaining the highest levels of quality and professional standards in the provision of audit, assurance and risk management services. We use an internationally recognised audit methodology and prepare paperless audit files. All Staples Rodway firms are registered under the Auditor Regulation Act 2011 to audit issuers.
Staples Rodway has a dedicated accounting technical team that is able to advise clients on complex financial reporting issues, such as those that arise when reporting under New Zealand equivalents to International Financial Reporting Standards. Our technical team also runs financial reporting update seminars for clients and publishes regular technical updates.
Staples Rodway utilises a risk based audit methodology that requires a thorough understanding of our client’s organisation, its goals and objectives, key business risks, operations and financial processes. This understanding not only provides the foundation for a highly effective audit, but also gives us insights which we use to provide further value to our clients.
Staples Rodway is affiliated with Pitcher Partners in Australia and Baker Tilly internationally. Baker Tilly is an association of 150 independent chartered accountancy firms, located in 137 countries, that employs nearly 27,000 partners and staff and is the eighth largest accountancy practice in the world.
Membership of this prestigious international network provides us with:
- The ability to accept engagements that transcend national boundaries
- Access to global expertise in tax, audit, corporate advisory and transactions to provide seamless cross-border structuring advise and assistance
- Well developed and rigorously enforced quality control procedures
- Access to extensive technical and thought leadership resources
- Connections to “open the door” when the time is right to expand outside New Zealand
- Recommendations based on thoroughly researched best practice